Robbs Resort is backdropped by a picturesque 10-acre meadow with majestic views of the Crystal Range, whose Pyramid Peak towers above the Desolation Wilderness Area and the valleys to the west, as well as Lake Tahoe to the east. The original lodge was constructed by the Clementsen Family in the 1970’s & 1980’s, and is still standing tall and strong today as the signature monument at Robbs Resort.
At Robbs Resort, the fun is everywhere around us!
- The miles of trails in the surrounding Eldorado National Forest provide an abundant experience for hikers, horseback riders, and nature-watchers.
- If you enjoy fishing, you will find Mackinaw, Kokanee, German Brown, and Rainbow Trout in the many nearby pristine mountain reservoirs and streams.
- Fall deer and bear hunters often find success in this rich wildlife area.
- The Rubicon Trail is world famous for its challenging off-road experience traversing some of the most incredible scenery in the world…and it’s just down the road!
- The resort is just six miles away from the trailhead to the Desolation Wilderness hiking area, which alone offers 117 miles of wilderness trails.
- Water skiing, wake boarding and personal watercraft are welcome just one mile away at the Union Valley Reservoir.
Just a short trip to Lake Tahoe will open up a whole new world of family destination fun, including golf, gaming, and live entertainment.
At Robbs Resort, we specialize in providing our guests a private, safe, and exclusive Stay and Play camping experience. We own nearly all surrounding private land, and our guests to the resort sleep well knowing they and their families are protected by secure gated entry. Our guests enjoy being able to leave throughout the day and recreate in the Crystal Basin area without worrying about their private property being exposed to the general public.
Robbs Resort is also an ideal location for large events like music festivals, recreational competitions, vehicle expositions, & large destination weddings. The property is well-manicured with vast amounts of space for camping and parking, and our 10-acre meadow comfortably accommodates large crowds.
At Robbs Resort, we care deeply for both the legacy of the property and the preservation of the Crystal Basin. Our goal, by sharing this property with the public, is to build onto this legacy with many new stakeholders who link their experiences to the next generation.